Protecting the Environment
Landscape lighting has to be tough. It has to defy the elements. At the core of
Coastal Source is a deep rooted responsibility to do the right thing with regard
to conserving, protecting and maintaining the environment. We are proud that our
products reduce waste and save energy. By reducing waste and saving energy we also
help save other valuable resources; time and money. And who can’t use more of those!
Every Coastal Source landscape light fixture is made with 100% brass components,
designed to be used with LED bulbs and come equipped with patented Coastal Connector.
So, how do these things make Coastal Source green? We are glad you ask…
- By using the same material for the entire fixture you have a light that will not
corrode shut. You will be able to service this fixture forever.
- Solid brass fixtures are designed to last a lifetime.
- Brass is recyclable.
- Using the patented Coastal Connector assures your system will work, and
work for a long time.
- Connections are the number one cause of failure in an electrical system.
This means maintaining a traditional system generates more waste every time a connection
has to be repaired or replaced. This is a waste of resources, the ruined components
are headed for a landfill and your time and money is drained, repeatedly.
- Patented Coastal Connector uses dramatically less materials for the initial
installation. See Installation
- The Coastal Source landscape lighting system is design for LED, Light Emitting Diode,
however it will work with traditional bulbs too.
- LEDs drastically reduce the amount of energy needed to produce light.
- LEDs last up to 10 times as long as compact fluorescents, and far longer than typical
- LEDs do not contain any hazardous waste materials, like the mercury found in CFLs.
- While there is a higher upfront cost to purchasing LED bulbs the cost is recouped
because they are not replaced as often and require less maintenance.
- LEDs are durable. Since there is no filament they stand up to jarring or bumping.
- LEDs can be recycled.